Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sicky

I worked at a preschool for a year and a half and during that time I was constantly sick. Little children breed illness and would cough, sneeze, and breathe in my face all day long. It was a long year of feeling like crud and doing everything I could think of to be healthy.

Then, we moved to Los Angeles, and I stopped getting sick! Wow, what a great feeling, I am healthy, not surrounded by sick kids, and I don't have a drippy nose anymore because the air out is here so dry.. freedom!

This week I've been suffering from a scratchy throat and the feeling that sickness was approaching and this morning I woke up feeling like death warmed over. I'm sick for the first time in almost 6 months! No, it's not the swine flu, and I'm over hearing about it. So, I'm spending the day in bed hoping to feel better soon. If I had a personal assistant (I WISH!) I would send her out right now to drive half an hour and get me some Panera* but I don't have an assistant, and I don't want to drive, so it looks like no Panera for me today.

Tomorrow I will hopefully be back to my regularly scheduled programming and my movie review of The Soloist and a discussion of the latest cast-off from American Idol.

*Oh how I miss Panera, the closest Panera's are well, not close to me at all. They are driveable distance but not ever worth the drive. I need my you pick two.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon. Lots of fluids, rest, and TLC from your husband will make you feel better. Oh yeah - and Panera.

    ReplyDelete