Thursday, April 30, 2009

Girl's Guide to Movies


The Soloist was an all around amazing film. I absolutely loved Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx in this film. I don't want to give too much away but the gist of the story is an LA Times writer (RDJ - who I love and have loved since his Ally McBeal days, did anyone else watch that show?) meets a homeless man (Foxx - who is so talented, in my opinion) and discovers he is an amazing cellist who attended Julliard. They become friends and both learn life lessons along the way. Sounds hokey but it is truly a beautiful story about friendship, forgiveness, music, and grace. It also heart-wrenchingly displays skid row and poverty in Los Angeles. 90,000 people in LA are homeless, and I'm complaining about the size of my apartment and the fact that money is tight right now? Reality check!

Girls Grade - A

You SHOULD see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment