Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's in a name?

The title of my blog is Ali in LaLa Land which you can clearly see at the top. This may be pretty straight-forward to you, like it's Ali blogging from LaLa Land. It actually has a second meaning which I'm not sure many people other than a few family members and close friends may know.

When I was a little girl I loved the Disney movie Alice in Wonderland and for a long time I thought my name was actually Ali in Wonderland! How cute is that? When people would ask my name that is what I would reply! I even kind of looked like Alice with my long blond hair.



I decided to make a blog shortly after Christmas when my mom was visiting LA and she and Peter encouraged me to start writing about my experiences. While we were brainstorming names we came up with Ali in LaLa Land which sounds similar to Ali in Wonderland! And so with a little help from my techy hubby the blog was born. And in the past few months, I can truly tell you I've fallen a little in love with blogging and reading blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment