Thursday, March 26, 2009

Honeymooners



Today I was dreaming of hammocks, private pools, pinacoladas, all you can eat buffets, and the nicest darn people you'll ever meet. I was dreaming of our Jamaican honeymoon. Oh how I loved our week in paradise. I know that I live in a very temperate and warm weather climate now, but it just doesn't compare to a week at the beach on the Caribbean!



After talking with a AAA travel agent we decided to go to a Sandals resort. At first we wanted to go to St. Lucia but after pricing out the flight details we figured out it would be half the price to go to Jamaica instead. I was hesitant at first because I had been to Jamaica in high school thanks to my incredible best friend and her family (they are in love with Jamaica and helped me to fall in love with the country too!) We decided it wasn't such a big deal that I had been before since we were staying at a huge resort in a different town. So we decided on a private villa with a butler at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios and it was NOT a mistake. I've never felt so pampered and taken care of in my life. The butler, her name was Trudie and we loved her, was a great addition to the trip, she would make all of our dinner and activity reservations and make sure we had the best table each night. She also stocked our fridge every day with soda, juice, bottled water, cheese, and fruit!



We loved napping in the shade at one of the many hidden hammocks. We had our own personal pool in the backyard which is where I spent most of my time laying in the sun. We enjoyed delicious dinners every night and room service breakfast every morning. We took a cruise boat (read: booze cruise) to Dunn's River Falls and climbed a humongous waterfall. Most of all we enjoyed our first vacation as a married couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment