Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wedding (Part Four)


I can't even tell you how many times I practiced scrawling my new name on little pieces of paper all over the house. How many nights I wished I didn't have to leave Peter's house and how many mornings I spent wishing I was waking up next to him. How many hours I spent dreaming of what we would do together as a married couple and what it would be like to be a wife, a married woman.

On May 10, 2008 I walked down the aisle to a new life. I no longer made decisions for myself, I was part of a unit now, a pair, a marriage. Our officiant, and good friend, gave a beautiful sermon (which I actually can't really remember until I watch the video, I'm sorry.. it's a blur!) we exchanged vows, and rings, there was some singing and praying most of which feels like I was floating through. We were pronounced husband and wife, we kissed, walked back down the aisle and at this point I actually start to remember things again. It's so weird how it all feels like a blur (has anyone else experienced this or am I just a weirdo?) up until one point of complete shock that -- oh my gosh, this is it!

We took lots of pictures and arrived at the reception (only to find out that things were not exactly going on without a hitch, but more on that later) and were ushered in for the party. I personally, had a great time.

In this moment, our first dance, it felt like we were the only two people in the room. Talking about how much fun we were having, singing "our song" to each other. This is one of the most memorable moments of the night.


In my humble opinion, our reception was a blast. People were up dancing the entire night and didn't want the party to end. We had an amazing time dancing with our friends and family. I love the picture below because it shows how much fun we were having!


I love my husband, and he loves me, and that makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.


AGAIN: All professional images were taken by our amazing photographer Benjamin Derkin who is based in Ohio. You can check out his website here and he blogs too! You'll be impressed, trust me. I wish I could show you the amazing blurb books he made us. You would hire him immediately, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment