Sunday, May 10, 2009

One Year

Come, let's be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with. -Charles Dickens

Marriage isn't always easy. If people tell you that there's is, I have a hard time believing them. Marriage is waking up each day and choosing to love each other even though you're not perfect. I think I picked a great man to love and I am blessed to make that decision every day. And people, he loves me, I am so lucky! Even though I complain a lot, let the laundry pile up, and I am usually a pain in the arse, he loves me.

I love the silly things in life with him, laughing about things that no one else would find funny, the look he gives me when he knows I'm about to cry about something as stupid as an American Idol cast-off, the way he is passionate about superhero movies and sports teams, arguing about who's going to get out of bed to turn off the light, and how we don't always agree.. but we always make it work.

I can't wait to fall in love with my husband over and over again as we share life together, enjoy the moment, start our family, share new adventures, grow old together, and continue to change and grow.

Happy 1 Year.


AGAIN: All professional images were taken by our amazing photographer Benjamin Derkin who is based in Ohio. You can check out his website here and he blogs too! You'll be impressed, trust me. I wish I could show you the amazing blurb books he made us. You would hire him immediately, I promise.

2 comments: