Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ketchup!


My friend Lauren, you've met her before here, had 3 friends visiting from her hometown in Missouri this weekend. We decided we needed to show them some Hollywood swankyness so we visited Ketchup on Sunset Boulevard! If you've followed the Hills for the past few years you'll recognize Ketchup as the place where "Speidi" ran into LC and Jason Wahler. Awesome Hills trivia fact, huh? (With each blog post I realize more and more I am such a dork... is that the point of these things?)

This place is SO cool. I didn't take any pictures inside because, let's face it, I didn't want to look like the loser girl taking pictures of the restaurant. I wanted people to think I'd been there a million times!

Ketchup is considered "upscale" diner food. They have mini-cheesburgers, tacos, and even mac&cheese (I don't think I can ever enjoy Kraft again after tasting this) on the menu. You must order Ketchup's signature fries. The are three different types of fries (including sweet potato, yum!) and five different ketchups (obviously!): wasabi, chipotle, maple, mango and ranch.


The waitstaff was ultra friendly which made the place a lot more likable. If this was Yelp I'd give the place 5 stars. It's fun, different, and oh so Hollywood. Little known fact - Ketchup is half price on Sunday nights but you have to be in "the know." They don't give you half off unless you ask for it!


Oh yea, we saw a "celeb" to all you Lost fanatics, I didn't know who he was, but you might! Mr. Echo?!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time!

    PS: Adopt a Dog Month is in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been, but wanted to go. Now that I live so far south I have a hard time making it up to Hollywood area. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has diddly squat to do with your post :) but we call ketchup "tomato sauce" .
    "that's nice,Sarah. Thanks so much for writing something so random and masquerading it was a comment"

    You're truly welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ketchup...so yummy!

    the mac and cheese is insane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to visit Ketchup.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heard this place was great- but not nearby!

    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali! I came across your blog through a fellow 20something bloggers' profile. Your title immediately drew me in as I am deeply in love with California and will be going there in 3 weeks in search of a job! Anyway, funny you should mention Ketchup because I totally had it on the itenirary for my boyfriend and I to do while we were in LA! :) It sounds amazinggg!

    ReplyDelete