Monday, June 15, 2009

Flea Marketing


On Sunday the gloom lifted. I now think I should have taken that sunshine to the beach but hindsight is 20/20, right? Instead, we headed to the Melrose Trading Post flea market on the corner of Fairfax & Melrose! I'm glad we went because it was a fun thrifting experience. There were hundreds of vendors set up in the school parking lot selling everything from artwork, home goods, clothing, jewlwery, old books and movies, and even bin's filled with random pictures. I ended up coming home with some handmade jewelry, a bracelet and beautiful necklace. There were about a million other things I wanted to buy and plan to go back another day when I have some more cash laying around. We discussed that a flea market is like taking all the best things you'd find at thrift stores and putting them all in one place! And in case you were wondering, random flea market finds like this are reason #122 that I love living in LA!

2 comments:

  1. How are the prices at the flea market? I can't wait to check it out. Looks like the weather was beautiful on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such an awesome flea market....I haven't been in quite some time...must go back soon!

    ReplyDelete