Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girl's Guide to Movies


Here's the part where I admit to the internets that I've only seen the HP movies and I've never read the books. I'll lower my head in shame here and tell you that I don't think I can adequately review the movie based on that fact. So remember as I discus further, I don't have an amazingly well written book to compare and contrast, I only have the 5 other films.

(I plan to start reading the series as soon as a friend loans me book 1. I know I'm super late in the game, but I'm excited to begin reading and I know I'll love them.)

Anyway.. moving on to the review. I loved the movie! The actors are growing into young adults and having new emotions which creates fun new romantic story lines. There's a lot of humor in this book including an hilarious scene where Harry takes a potion to make him "lucky". There is suspense, and a scene so scary that I jumped and grabbed Peter's arm. And another scene so sad that I was in tears. HP 6 has all the things; humor, romance, suspense, and emotion that make a great film. My completely unbiased to the book opinion on the movie is that it was awesome. I can't wait to read the books so I can find out more about the story!

Girl's Grade: A
Boy's Grade: A-

4 comments:

  1. I loved the movie....I truly adore all of the books and the movies...you really have to read them, they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love the books! I used to own them but I donated them to my nephews when I moved (they fell victim to not fitting in my car, along with many other items). I would recommend visiting the library... that's what I'm going to do for the Twilight books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been into the HP series, but I love reading about it on everyone's blogs... glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not the only one...I havent read these books and while am an avid reader, I dont think I will! Everyone I know applauds them though AND I have heard great things about the movie.

    ReplyDelete