Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Party Time! Excelent!


My fourth of July weekend was simply perfect. Time was spent at the beach, the mall, and with friends. I don't think there's much more I could ask for (except maybe an appearance by my family, I miss them.)

(I think I'm turning into one of those girls you wish they all could be... yes I'm turning into a California girl. I crave spending every day at the beach, my hair just can't get too long or blonde, and I say things like "rad" "stoked" and "the freeway.")

Moving on.. some of my dear girlfriends rent a house in Venice. To my mid-western folks that doesn't seem strange, but hanging out at a house is totally foreign to LA people. We're constantly cramped in our one bedroom apartments trying to squeeze a party in here and there. The house girls were kind enough to throw a 4th of July party equipped with TONS of space and even more food. I think there was food covering every party of the kitchen, dining room, and outdoor eating area.


We ate ourselves silly, played games (Cornhole! hello Ohio!), did some daytime drinking, and walked to the beach for the fireworks. I have to be completely honest with you, the firework situation in the Venice/Santa Monica beach area is sub-par to say the least. I propose to you city counsel people that are reading this dear ole blog that next year you invest in some fireworks because come on, who doesn't want to watch fireworks sitting on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sounds like you had a great time! Did you know anyone before moving out here? Sounds like you have a solid core group of friends. I've had the worst of it trying to meet people, it's not as easy as in Ohio!! But I'm right there with you that I'm turning into a Cali girl. I even said "hella cool" the other day to my mom and she didn't get it hahaha

    ReplyDelete