Friday, February 27, 2009

California Bound (Part 1)


As I sit in my living room in LA listening to the song "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay (which Peter and I consider to be the most epic of songs) I can't help but think of my life (vida) over the past year. 2008 was a year of great change for me, not only did I get married, I began living with a boy for the first time in my life! I gained a new family, and a new set of responsibilities being a WIFE and not just a girlfriend. Peter and I have a lot in common but we are also very different, so the adjustment to "couple-dom" has not been entirely easy. Just when we were beginning to get in the groove of things.. BAM! Peter loses his cozy editing job in Ohio. We were, for lack of a better word, FREAKED OUT. Things like this aren't supposed to happen to you in you first year of marriage, or are they? We allowed ourselves a day or two sulking, crying, and wondering what we were going to do next. We spent days talking about what are real dreams are and wondering if we should really stay in Ohio or if a new town and a new adventure were what was next for us. Obviously, if you've been reading you know that the answer to this question is now clear.. we need to be in a new town, we need to chase our dreams, we need to move! Peter began a frantic job search and with the help of a college acquaintance (who has turned into a great friend to both of us) found a post-production house willing to hire him even during a tough economic time. This was the security we needed as we began the trek out west. With the help of some great friends and our mom's we packed up our apartment into a Penske truck, said goodbye, shed some tears, and we were on our way. We were in the middle of what we thought would be a great adventure, and we were right!

No comments:

Post a Comment