Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the beach is on fire!

On Friday we had a bonfire at Dockweiler Beach near El Segundo. It was a nice, fairly warm night, perfect for a fire. We enjoyed hot dogs, s'mores, and some contraband beverages. This is something I definitely want to do again. It was a relaxing and fun way to start the weekend. And seriously, only in LA can you have a fire on the BEACH!

I have some pictures but they are very low-quality since they were taken from my iPhone but I just had to share!


3 comments:

  1. hey there! i just stumbled across your blog. im originally from redondo beach and when i saw this post about Dockweiler Beach near El Segundo it made me reminisce :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE fires on the beach!! When we went the beach in the summer growing up we always had them!! Oh childhood memories! You should make that at least a monthy tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally reminiscing too! I went to school at LMU and Dockweiler bonfires were always so much fun!!!
    I'm slightly jealous of you now, I haven't been to the beach since last spring!

    ReplyDelete