Monday, January 26, 2009

Cupcakes




When I moved to LA there were several things I had to try: In-N-Out Burger (yum!) Pinkberry (double yum!) and Sprinkles. Sprinkles is a cupcake-only shop located in Beverly Hills where there is always a line out the door of people waiting for cupcakes! I've been wanting to go for a few weeks and last week decided to go check it out. The line was short and I had a few minutes to decide which kind sounded best. The flavor highly recommended on Yelp was Red Velvet. So, I chose a Red Velvet cupcake with a cream cheese frosting for $3.25. This cupcake was worth every penny, it was truly the most delicious cake I've ever experienced in my 24 years on this Earth. The cake is warm and moist and the frosting is perfectly sweet. I was truly in cupcake bliss in the five minutes it took me to eat my delcious treat.

I have been craving Sprinkles every day since I ate my first cupcake. I plan to frequent this cupcake joint, especially when I have a good excuse like a friend coming to visit or a birthday party to attend. If you ever come to LA, Sprinkles is a must-visit!


(cupcake board from stylemepretty.com)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, isn't In-N-Out awesome?! We used to eat there all the time when we lived in Ontario. Yum!

    Secondly, thanks a lot for jump-starting a serious cupcake craving for me! I have to make them myself since we obviously don't have a Sprinkles here, which means I'll end up with like 2 dozen of 'em. Sheesh. So much for that New Year's resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Sprinkles be another V-Day treat for us??

    ReplyDelete