Monday, November 9, 2009

The Search Is On..

So, our lease is up at the end of this month and we're on the big hunt for a new place. I think that apartment shopping is one of the most annoying things in the world. If I could make a list of the most annoying things they would be; apartment shopping, looking for flights, doing dishes, and laundry. All four of those things have to be done, and often, but nonetheless they are always annoying to me.

Anyway, we are currently living close to Hollywood in a rather large apartment complex. We are pretty unhappy with the complex, how much we're paying for rent, and the way we've been treated by the management. In turn, we're moving! We definitely decided we want to be closer to the westside. For those of you unfamiliar with LA that means.. close to the beach!


We are so excited to move that way. We love the neighborhoods in the Venice and Marina Del Ray area. We think it fits our personality and we can't wait to walk to the beach together next summer!


We spent all day Saturday apartment shopping and luckily found some really great places! We are encouraged and excited to actually be saving money and to live someplace that we feel happier.

6 comments:

  1. ALI!!!!!!

    YOU USED TO WORK IN APARTMENTS HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY HATE IT NOW????

    O wait...maybe thats why you hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apartment hunting is definitely not fun! I'm actually moving back to Ohio (booo) and am "roommate shopping" to help find someone to take my place.

    I work in Playa Vista, and Marina del Rey is gorgeous!! I'm going to miss living so close to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the Valley and I can't wait to live in Venice or Santa Monica. I like Westwood, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, It was lovely meeting you today, Closer to the beach sounds great! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! moving to the Westside is exciting.
    Being close to the beach will be wonderful, I can't wait to do the same.

    ReplyDelete